GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following are the general MINIMUM entrance requirements for the undergraduate degrees programmes:
Direct Entry Scheme
Applicant under this scheme must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must hold at least three (3) O-level credit passes in relevant subjects according to specific programme.
- Must have at least two principal level passes and one subsidiary level pass in the A- level, provided that the total number of points is at least 4.5 in the scale where A=5;B=4;C=3;D=2;E=1;S=0.5.
Equivalent Qualifications entry Scheme
Applicant under this scheme must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for consideration:
- o Must hold an appropriate Diploma of not less than second class level from a registered institution OR
- o Must hold a certificate from Mzumbe University of not less than second class level, following completion of form VI with at least one principal level pass and 3.5 points in the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education.
NOTE: Additional requirements for entry to a particular Faculty or Programme are presented in the Faculty specific requirements in section B.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The university has an alternative method of entry through the RPL (formerly known as Mature Age Entry Scheme). Applicants have to satisfy the following requirements:
- Must have at least 25 years of age;
- Must have completed at least standard seven education;
- Must have an relevant and related experiences in a field applied for;
- Must have the intention to pursue university education at degree level.
- Must be competent in written and spoken English
- Must sit for the RPL examination and pass at the average of B
Additional requirements for entry to a particular Faculty are presented in section B. Principal passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are NOT considered in the computation of points.